Phew! We had one busy Saturday!!! We got up very early - which was not much fun after having lots of fun drinking wine and playing Wii and Pictionary at the Blouchs - and Justin helped me buy tires for my car. He set up the appointment, picked them out, and haggled, and all I had to do was buy them. Works for me! :)
We had some time to kill before we had to leave for Maine, so we went to the mall and stopped in at Kay Jewelers since they were having a sale, and that is where Justin got my engagement ring. We wound up buying and leaving with our rings, which we were not planning to do! I can't believe all the things I have to wait until August to wear! And they're all so pretty! We had fun looking at and playing with the rings throughout the weekend.
Then it was off to Blooms and Heirlooms in Kennebunk, where we met with the wedding coordinator, who did not pressure us in buying lots of flowers, which was refreshing and much appreciate by us! She had lots of pictures of weddings held at The Colony, as well as another "blue and green" wedding, and I found a bouquet I absolutely loved! We went with white roses and blue hydrangeas, and some other cute little flowers neither one of us can remember the name of. The wedding coordinator did give us a total a little higher than we want, so Justin and I will decide as the wedding gets closer what reception and ceremony arrangements we think we can handle ourselves or have produced at a lower cost.
From there, Team Roy headed into Portland for our first pre-marital counseling session with Rik and Sarah. It was very casual, a getting-to-know-you/interview type visit, and I think all those involved did a wonderful job :) We drove up to Jim and Donna's for yummy dinner, and then drove back to Boston, where I tried very, very hard not to fall asleep, but eventually gave in and woke up refreshed from my power nap. It was a great, amazing, exhausting, expensive day! And we were sure to spend today being as lazy as possible before I came back to New Paltz.
This might be it for awhile, and so - Happy Thanksgiving! We love you and are grateful for all the love and support you have given us! Be well and travel safely - and Happy 21st Birthday, Alicia! :)
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment